NEWS ARCHIVE 2016-2017
The 2016/17 Season has now come to a close, the next meeting will be the start of the 2017/18 season on Tuesday 12th September 2017 when Dave Bibby will be giving his lecture entitled Iceland in Winter.
Warrington PS was presented with the PAGB Small Club trophy at a recent event in Warwick. The club won this trophy ealier this year in January but we have only just been presented with the silver ware. It has been added to the other trophies we have won for external competitons during the season.
Set Subject Competition
At the AGM it was agreed that the set subject competition, 3rd Monthly on 28th November 2017, shall be 'Scapes'.
Programme 2017-18 and Summer
The programme for the new 2017-18 season has been prepared and will be updated to the website shortly. With regards to a Summer Programme, it has been agreed by the committee that there will be no organised events, however a list of links to upcoming public events, shows, sports etc will be available via the website. EVENTS HAVE JUST BEEN ADDED TO THE PAGE TODAY 18-5-17.
Summer Critique Group
The Critique Group has booked 3 dates during the summer period at the Quays Community Centre 7.30pm to 9.30pm on:
- Tuesday 2nd May
- Tuesday 20th June
- Tuesday 1st August
Photographic Conference - FotoBuzz
Fotobuzz is an online photographic community and there are holding an annual conference at Keele University on Saturday 1st July. It is open to non-members so anybody interested should visit this link here or contact Martin Berry.
Warrington PS Annual Print Exhibition
The Warrington Photographic Society’s Annual Print Exhibition at The Gateway, Sankey Street, has now finished. We are looking into further displays and small exhibitions in Warrington over the coming months. These will be updated on the website and club's Facebook pages.
The print exhibition was officially opened by Gordon Jenkins - Vice President of the PAGB, who also presented the commended certificates and trophies to the receipients. Unfortunately, this year's judge Ken Ainscow DPAGB BPE4*could not be with us on the night.
The results of the Annual Exhibition and Competition are now available and the commended images can be found here.
Some imaes of the hanging of the exhibition by members and John Roberts (Exhibition Sec) are below.
There are a number of important roles on the committee that have, or are, becoming vacant at the end of this season. The committee is made up of volunteer members and officers who give up some of their spare time to help run and organise the club. The committee is fundamental to the successful running of the club and anybody interested in joining or would like any more information should contact a member of the current committee. The post that will be vacant are; Secretary, Publicity, Social, and Membership.
LCPU Annual Club competition
The results have just been published on the LCPU website from the Annual Club Competitions and Warrington PS has had another strong showing this year. In the Print competition Warrington PS came an amazing second overall and in the DPI 6th out of total of 44 clubs that entered. Well done to all those who entered and this result is a reflection of the standard of photographers and images in the club.
Annual Competiton Judging
The Annaul Competitonwas judged last Saturday 18th March by Ken Ainscow DPAGB BPE3* and some images of the judging are below. The results will also be posted once these are made available by the Competition Secretary.
The website is currently going through a process of updates and changes which we hope you will appreciate.
External Competitions 2016/17 Season
The club has had a very successful couple of season with external competitions and some of the highlights are summarised below. These have included qualification into the PAGB Inter Club print competition for the first time to compete against the best clubs in Great Britain and our resent win in the PAGB small clubs competition.
- PAGB GB Cup Club Competition (Small Clubs), 29th January 2017: 72 clubs entered and WPS were Winners for the first time. Christine also won two medals for 'Best Action' and 'Best Humour'.
- LCPU Knockout Competition, 19th November 2016: 13th out of 45 clubs entered.
- St Helens Interclub Competition (6 clubs), 7th November 2016: Winners in the Open Print and Digital Sections, 2nd in the Nature Prints. Our highest score ever in this competition.
- Chester Inter Club Knockout Competition, 1st November 2016: Winners of Trophy.
- PAGB Interclub Print Competition, November 2016: The first time we have ever qualified to entered this competition with 37 top clubs in Great Britian. Overall we were joint 14th.
- Ellesmer Port Interclub Panel Competition, 12th April 2016: Warringon PAS panel was 'The Wonders of Nature' whihc was formed of 6 images which was placed 3rd out of 9 clubs entered.
- North Cheshire Knockout, 17th March 2016: Joint 9th out of 21 clubs entered.
- LCPU Annual Competition, February 2016: Overall position was 5th, winners in the Nature Prints winning the 'Rose Bowl Trophy'